Good morning, Daegu. After last night's debauchery, I hope you're picking up the pieces of yourself and sticking them back together with tape and sticky rice.
This morning I've discovered ten more reasons to learn Korean. I can't stress enough how much this will improve your life here.
1. Get discounts at stores because they're so impressed you speak Korean.
2. Stand up for yourself when being derided in Korean.
3. Be aware of any and all schedule changes way ahead of time because suddenly you can understand school emails.
4. Talk about things with your friends that happened last night without your mom understanding facebook comments.
5. As Nelson Mandela said, "If you talk to a man in a language he understands, that goes to his head. If you talk to him in his language, that goes to his heart."
6. Discover that the menu at your local kimbab place has a lot more to offer than kimbap.
7. Understand specials, deals and ways to save money.
8. Be able to explain things to your students quickly and effectively in a way they can understand.
9. Make friends with Koreans.
10. It's super-easy and totally worth it.