Friday, September 28, 2012

Aaaaaand that's a wrap.

Yesterday the high school closed for the holidays, but as the junior school was still open, we were asked to come in to teach the Grade 6s and 7s.

I guess no one told the kids. Only ten students showed up for school today. I think four of them were in our classes... Not that they came. Not that we had anything to teach them anyway - marks are in and we are really just counting the days at this point.

But I guess we can stop counting. School tomorrow has been cancelled. This means that at 13:30 today, my Teaching Practice officially ended.


It's been a hell of a term: death of a student, teachers being taken to court (charges were dropped), one teacher suddenly storming out of the school and out of her job, demon children from hell, the sweetest kids in the world, hitting the lowest possible low in class only to build it right back up and beyond where it was before, pranks, parties, a dog show, making a rhino out of people, fancy dinners, and endless amounts of cake in the staff room. I'm exhausted. I'm exhilarated. I'm going to miss some of the kids - both the brilliant ones and some of the cheeky ones. 

But now I think it's time to start accepting event invitations on Facebook again, and getting back in touch with the friends I've abandoned over the last 2.5 months. It's also time to get my act together for my application to South Korea. The new application form is out and they will start accepting applications from recruiters on the 4th of October, so I need to finish my 'Pick me, pick me' essay and scan in all the documents for the initial application:

Photos, passport, application form, reference letters. 

As they say in Korea...

translation: Let's do it, bro!



No comments:

Post a Comment